Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Daisy Windows $180 each


These Cedar framed fused Daisies are 19 " square all six hang together as in image below.
each window is sold seperatly for $180 each.





I am a warm ( Kiln fired) glass artist and have been for many years now. I mostly make work for myself and keep or give it away as I find my creativity stymied with the pressure of the market; what will sell, how much time am I putting into a piece, how much am I spending material costs, and the worst is....is it cost effective to change my mind when I have already used other materials. therefore I have chosen not to sell work for many years. Now I have changed my mind about selling as my house has become quite crowded, my studio is bursting at the seams as they say. I have been trying to make my glass windows with texture using multiple layers of glass and firing in a kiln at approx. 1450 degrees F. Lately I have become interested in kiln casting. which allows the window to be 3D and gives me more freedom in creating the work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blog....

mum's computer just ate my last comment. sorry (it was a really good one).

welcome to the blogosphere!